Friday, December 26, 2008

Trip to Ulu Baram

Ulu Baram Monkey! Why I choose this picture as the 1st Pic??? Cause I love this pic among all the picture taken, It remind me of Monkey Island. This one might be one of those KUNGFU MONKEY...

Ulu Baram is a remote area of Sarawak. The closest city to Ulu Baram is Miri but still need to travel a long distance aprroxiamtely 13 hours journey to reach there.

By boat.

On your foot.

and by car.

Sometimes you will face some Roadblock along the way(In this case, punctured tyre :))

In order for you get further...

You walk across the river....

Still you haven't reach your destiny...

You carry on....climb over the mountain...

Until you reach there....you can finally do whatever you want....(Fishing)

You try to settle down...

Look around...you will see something new(In this case...hornbills on the tree)

You start to fell like GREEN...



What? you think I post the same picture twice? This pic actually the Monkey from Monkey Island! (Monkey from Monkey Island: I am from Monkey Island!)


You get to see the wonderful Waterfall....

The poor skinny dog looking for food in the jungle...

You get to know more people living in the jungle....

Whatever you do...go ahead...never stop...

In the end, you will be rewarded....Bujang with his catch...

More reward like a bottle of 1.5L Cola...No...I mean more reward of Cola size fish...

And even bigger reward....

Seriously I mean the fish...

This is my collegue, Bujang's trip to Ulu Baram...He manage to get these pics from a local newspaper reporter which took the picture along the way. Thanks for sharing! :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice pictures from your trip. I can see you enjoy the outdoors. Me? Not so much. LOL.

Anyway, I'm on a mission to educate our Malaysian Man United fanbase on not to refer to the Red Devils as "Man U". The reason requires SOME reading. I posted a link for you to check it out. Btw, thanks for vising my blog!

http://community.manutd.com/forums/t/4772.aspx

Jason Law said...

arrhh...it must be very pain for the fish but tasty for the people XD

prisonsurvivor said...

yah....fish are getting fewer and fewer...but those fish r normally for the local only...should have plenty...

Anonymous said...

Great outdoor pics. Lovely!

islandlost said...

Thank you...:)